Sunday, September 13, 2020

Haldun was born, 13 September 1955 Thursday at 10 o'clock

Tales for the New Generation, as told by  Ayşe Hadiye Direskeneli

On September 13, 1955, Haldun was born in Cihanbeyli.

We are in Cihanbeyli in 1954. I am pregnant with my second child. Since I am not under the control of a medical doctor, I am having the usual troubles of pregnancy. At the end of the seventh month of my pregnancy, we moved to the upper floor of the first three-storey apartment building in Cihanbeyli. 

The rent was 15 lira per month. The first cleaning and moving processes of the house had exhausted me. According to our own estimates, twenty days before his day, I woke up in pain one morning.

Since there was no midwife in town, we agreed with the midwife of Tekel-Tuzla settlement nearby.

When local midwife Ayşe was sitting behind our house - quite old - she saw me going to and from school, she said, “Lady I give birth to all the brides of the town. She said, "I will give birth to you, too." I was also avoiding this offer saying "okay, okay".

On Thursday, September 13, 1955, at about 10:00 in the morning, my birth pain intensified. Your father, who went to get the midwife, was late. When the pain became unbearable, I said to my mother-in-law, "Mom, run, call the midwife Ayşe sister."

At that moment, I had a thousand regrets that I decided to give birth at home. Local Midwife Ayşe sister came and had her birth with her own method based on years of experience. She puts the mother on her lap and forces her butt from behind with a string. The child is suddenly born in front.

At that time, the midwife was brought up. It turns out that the tire is flat. The villagers of the Yavsan Salt mine help the fix  with the tire. The midwife cut off the umbilical cord. The conditions of hygiene were for God. I always thank God for not getting infected at that time and getting sick. At 1030, my second baby, Haldun, was born. He was a very beautiful yellow baby. 

Haluk suddenly became a four-year-old big brother.

Twenty days after birth, we all hit the road to new town Aydın Çine.

We packed our household goods in a truck. We drove in ten hours on dirty roads on the back of the truck. We stayed in a small house that was found when we arrived. We did not open the items for 3 days. 

Then we moved into a bumpy house found by the local prosecutor.

Cine town was beautiful. It was in the west. Our 2 years have passed here.

Haluk started primary school here.

Haldun walked and spoke here.

Yalova 20 August 1998 Thursday

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to join EnergyNewsletterTurkey

Click to join EnergyNewsletterTurkey

Free Blog Counter