Saturday, November 16, 2019

Pickpockets in Paris

Pickpockets in Paris

On Saturday, November 9, 2019 in Paris, we left our hotel for siteseeing. We arrived on foot to the "Mairie D'Issy" metro station, 1-km away. We took the subway train. We would go to the SacraCoure chatedral in Paris city center. We purchased our tickets' 1,90€ each one way. I wished to pay cash when I opened the wallet. Cashier doesn't accept cash. He wanted a credit card. My son paid tickets with his own credit card. At one time in metro trip, My wife found the environment too hot, she stood up and took off her uniqlo feather-filled vest. She was standing next to her purse. She put the iphone in his bag. Then she sat down. My backpack was always in my lap with the zippers closed. We got off the train.
I wanted to put my backpack on my back. I found Two zippers open. I closed the zippers and continued. We stopped at a bakery (bulangerie) as we walked along the road. My son came in and asked for a donut sandwich, and My wife wanted to pay for it. She took her wallet out of her purse, opened it, no money. Money in her purse was stolen,  around 200-300 €. The purse was empty. We panicked. We thought it was stolen before in the hotel room. However we recalled that The cash money stood in the purse  when buying subway  tickets.
In subway car, a young woman in front of us was sitting with big bag in front to distract attention. She pushed the bag forward and appearently she emptied our bags at the bottom. My wallet was also emptied, gone at € 10.
In the zippered eye of My wife's  bag, there were cash 1000 € in a nylon bag.
Fortunarely That cash money was not stolen.
Every year 30- million tourists come to Paris. Paris's population is only 6 million. Pickpocketers are teenagers, they are mostly children of Eastern Europe.
Parisians spot the wrongdoers immediately, and they take precautions.
Captured child age thieves are released soon, since they are protected by law due to  their young age, so there is no way to punish them. It is estimated that each one of them can steal 4000€ per day. Total theft is estimated to be around 3million € per year. Throuma and theft shock on tourists are not so easy to heal.
The next day there was a similar situation on another subway car, this time My wife noticed earlier, the pickpocket was another young woman with a big bag in front  her, pushed towards us. Hands from below met to each other. They take only money from the wallet. We need to keep the money and passport in the inner zip pocket or leave it at the hotel, and watch out and be very careful in Paris subways.

Paris 18- November 2019

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Click to join EnergyNewsletterTurkey

Click to join EnergyNewsletterTurkey

Free Blog Counter